Hi all. We have recently shifted to our new domain. Please visit us at http://www.charmandtrinkets.com to read my latest musings on the world of fashion and lifestyle.
Price: INR 895
Packaging: It’s a light weight plastic bottle with the nude shimmer visible from outside. It has a hand pump for easy usage and handling. Twisting the pump opens and closes the bottle.
Quantity: 250 ml
I love sparkle in my life and so when I came across this shimmer lotion, I knew I had to have it. When I first laid my eyes on it, it reminded me of Christmas and vanilla latte since its smells of rich vanilla with a hint of cocoa.. Absolutely sinful I would say. The scent is quite strong, not overpowering which is a good thing and lasts for a good 3-4 hours. If you are fond of vanilla, then you will surely love this.
The product has a medium consistency, not too thin or thick and is easily absorbed in the skin. It has a nude color with light shimmer which on application settles on the skin and gives it a pearly glow. The best part of it is that once applied you will not look like a disco ball which is always a worry, when you are experimenting with shimmer.
However, if less is more for you, then you can take a drop of your regular body butter/moisturizer and mix a drop of the shimmer lotion. This will ensure that your skin isn’t too shimmery. The moisturizer part of it is great and leaves your skin soft. Also be sure not to use it on the face since it won’t sit well; stick to application on the body. According to me, the product is not really great for day use, since the sun makes those tiny shimmer particles very prominent. It’s a best fit for cocktail parties and glamorous night outs.
What I like:
- The rich vanilla scent which is delicious
- The light delicate shimmery sheen that it provides
- Makes skin very soft
- Its limited edition and I like to collect; perfect fit
- Use of natural ingredients so no harsh chemicals
What I don’t like:
- Not for daily use
- Little on the expensive side
- Available only in one size (250ml).
Overall, it’s a great addition to your beauty bag because variety is the spice of life. Moreover, it’s subtle and less shiny than some of the other products that are available. Buy it to remind yourself that everyday can be Christmas.
Buy it here
Since we were a child, some of us have loved shopping and as we grew up, that transformed into an eternal love affair with fashion. As our sense of style and beauty evolved, so did the shopping experience around us. Smaller shops gave way to high street brands, bigger malls and pocket friendly designer wears. While we thought, it couldn’t get any better, e-commerce arrived and took the industry by storm. I have been so used to trial rooms and jostling people for that last pair of shoe, that I was confused as to how will I adapt to it. However, long work hours, being extra lazy and sleeping in on weekends took a toll in my long term relationship with fashion. I wasn’t going to let that happen. That is when I realised the virtues of online fashion, and ever since been addicted. However, after a point it seemed that brands weren’t satisfied engaging us on our work time; they went one step further and added these tiny mobile apps to our phone; so fashion 24X7 now for all. I was ecstatic. Here’s why!!
What does fashion on mobile imply for shopaholics like us?
- Nothing haunt us more than the things we don’t buy.
Very true. I can’t seem to control myself when a cute bag pops us in my screen. ‘I need that piece right now’ has become my favorite line as of late.
- Yay!! I can shop all the time
I love shopping and this has become my full-time job. I am drawing a blank at where I work..
3. Making Deals with the devil
Who doesn’t love deals!! And it’s raining deals literally everyday…I don’t have to wait for that busy discount season where I would get mobbed in the shops. I can tap in a discount code and not chip my nails!!
4. Multiple shops without cursing my heels…
I don’t have to take three rounds of the mall before I decide on a white shirt. I can compare multiple bands in one go and not feel cheated.
5. I won’t miss the new collection when they hit the stores
Sorry, but I don’t need to be worried about being late purchasing the new spring-summer collection, just because I was busy. Now, it’s in my closet, thanks to that one tap on my phone.
6. Welcome travel time!!
The more travel time I have, the calmer I get; because increased shopping time.
But what I like the most about apps is that it has brought fashion to our fingertips. For consumers like us who love all things arty and stylish, there is nothing better than the quintessential app which has made all our lives so easy breezy; for now, I am thankful that my manicure is getting a good workout.
Do you want to experience the thrills of mobile shopping? Then click here
Tjori is a unique ‘web portal’ that brings to you distinctive lifestyle treasures. A venture of its own kind focuses on bringing an array of lifestyle products together at ‘one big screen’.
The website showcases a variety of products ranging from ethnic clothing, hand-crafted home accents, furnishings, decor, hand woven scarves, stoles, shawls, Indian handicrafts, apparel, jewelry, accessories, cookies, dry sweets and organic beauty products. With a unique concept this amazing lifestyle portal offers very exclusive products including Amor Pukari- the beautiful kolhapuri chappals, the astonishing Rabari Art comprising vibrant clutches and bags, Reviving Kahdi and much more to taste and explore.
They work closely with independent designers, artisans, weavers and craftsmen from around the world to bring the best of their creations to our members at a phenomenal value. A sneak peak at some of their gorgeous stuffs:
So, try and experience an amazing dip into authentic range of lifestyle products at Tjori.
Da Milano recently hosted a blogger’s meet to showcase their SS15 Collection at their Linking Road Store in Bandra. The collection was unveiled by celebrity actress Kiara Advani of the Fugly fame. Over wine and fashion inspired conversations, we had the first glimpse of the bags which have been crafted with expert skill and finesse. The brand has played with different design aesthetics such as faux ostrich prints, textured etc. to suit different moods and personalities of the fashionistas. The color palette consists of varied hues of reds, oranges, blues ,pinks as well as monochrome.
What I like about this brand is the subtle sophistication and glamour that their bags reflect, making them the best picks to go from morning to night. There is also a great collection for men as well..SO go check it out
Here’s a sneak peak at the collection. Tell me which is your favorite…
The collection is available in Da Milano stores across the country.
You can also shop online at www.damilano.com
Clarks has recently launched the ‘Solid wedge collection’ as a part of their SS15 collection which perfectly fuses effortless British style with contemporary detailing complete in fresh seasonal shades.
Rosalie Pose, the key style of the collection is a knock out with a space age upgrade for Summer. The solid wedge is as street ready as super luxe. The shoes are right on trend and distinguishably designed to hit the right notes. With nudes and monochromes taking over the scene, here is a shoe with summer written all over it.
The other shoes as part of the collection:
Available in stores across the country
amazon, aviators, carla lacae applique dress, color block midi skirt, forevernew, Jashn, koovs, mackinze flats, mango, maxi dress, play date dress, saree, sling bag, stalk buy love, stylista.com, three mad chicks, trunk label, Yellow, yellow dress, yellow flats, yellow midi skirt
Summers always make me think of whites and yellows. However, though white is an easy choice for most people, the yellow palette comes across as tricky to don. I have always been a big fan of yellow and find it extremely cheerful and vibrant. It brightens up our skin tone and is really great for accessorizing. You can also incorporate yellow in bits and pieces in your outfit like a bag, a shoe, or in forms of cute accessories. For the not so faint hearted, sky is the limit.
Check out some of the picks in this gorgeous color for you to experiment with:
1. Color block Midi skirt
Pair this stylish number with a black bralet and a sling bag to complete the look.
Buy it here
2. Best Buds Dress
This cute dress is a perfect wear for summer evenings. Pair this with a pair of purple or floral wedges to make heads turn.
Buy it here
3. Play Date Dress
For those of you who are lucky to have a beach vacation, this will be a perfect cover up to your beachwear. Accessorize with flats and a chunky necklace to perfect the summer look.
Buy it here
4. The Mackenzie Flat
These will go with everything and anything that you won in your closet.
Buy it here
5. Carla Lace Applique Dress
The lace and the bead detailing lends an air of sophistication to the look. Pair this with a pair of white pumps and a pink clutch for Sunday brunch with your girls.
Buy it here
6. Yellow Embroidered Art Chiffon Saree
This lovely Indian wear is perfect for those after hour cocktail parties with your close friends.
7. Bicolor Gown
If going all yellow is not your thing, then this your perfect pick. Pair this gorgeous maxi dress with chandelier earring and a clutch for sophisticated soirees.
Buy it here
8. Joe Black Aviator Sunglasses
If Subtlety is your thing, these yellow rimmed sunnies will do the trick.
Buy it here
9. Bottleship Print Sling Bag
How cute is this bag. I love the blue detailing and the quirky print.
Buy it here
With the onset of spring and summer on the horizon, there is something about this season’s juncture that brings out our fun, playful side! It is the time of year for carefree beach trips, driving with the windows down and romantic date nights under the stars. Adding to the exhirating time and endowing the boons of the Nature Gods not only to your skin, but also to the mind, body, mood and soul, The Nature’s Co. presents a plethora of incredible offers, discounts and deals gratuitously, across their range of bath, body, hair and skin natural and vegan beauty products.
1. The BIG Big Bang Summer Sale (Valid for 92 Hours only) – From the 2nd of April to the 5th of April, enjoy the luxuriance of buying one product and getting another one absolutely free on www.thenaturesco.com . There is definitely no better time to embrace the refreshing powers of Mother Nature than now! Products under B1G1 Sale Tab only.
2. The Hot Summer Sale – This sultry solstice also brings along an invigorating, fresh wave straight from the Nature Gods – A Flat 20% off on all orders placed by TNC online shoppers on www.thenaturesco.com and an added extra 10% off on purchase of Rs. 3000/- and above, definitely calls for a sign of relief in the warm weather.
3. Sun Essential Kit – Lazy days, slipsh-splash, rays of sunshine, ice-cream and popsicles, giggles and smiles, sunnies, swimwear, twinkling stars, camp fires, s’mores, and The Nature’s Co. Sun Essential Kit! TNC gets you beach ready with their Sun Essential Kit now at a special price of Rs. 1695/- only! Also comes with a complimentary sarong from The Beach Co. to enjoy the sunshine without a care in the world.
4. Exfoliating Body Wash – Dive into the goodness of Natural Beauty and leave your skin gleaming and sparkling with this season’s special – TNC’s Exfoliating Body Wash. Surrender to this fruity mix of natural exfoliators in 3 distinct flavours – Kiwi, Cranberry and Lemonpeel endowed with all it’s benefits, now at Rs. 695/- only. In Store as well on E store.
5. NEW LAUNCH – Inspired from our founder’s visit to Amalfi Coast, Italy, The Limoncello Brightening Face Wash, refreshes, energises and takes you back to the surreal beauty of Capri. This exotic mix helps remove tan, enhances your skin tone, lightens your complexion, balances your skin’s PH levels, removes dirt and oil from your face giving you luminous and smooth skin – All at Rs. 695 only.
6. Summer-Splash Beauty Wish Box– Stemming from the season’s need, the Summer splash Beauty wish box now includes one full size and five deluxe sized revitalizing products packed in trendy, hot neon colored summery bags at Rs 595 only. this relief of letting you dive into the goodness of rejuvenation also comes with a 35% discount voucher, complimentary goodies and an added advantage of cash on a delivery service available. Subscribe now in stores or online.
Summer is here and its time to bring out our aviators, sunscreens and everything else that can shield us from this sweltering heat. We make it easier for you by listing the ten beauty essentials in your bag. It won’t make the summer disappear but you would surely breeze through it.
1. Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream Perfume
Daisy Dream is a fruity floral fragrance with a light and airy touch. The fragrance bursts with top notes of blackberry, grapefruit and pear. The heart notes are introduced with a bouquet of jasmine, lychee and blue wisteria. A medley of white woods, musks and coconut water reveal the base notes. (I will buy it for the bottle too).
Buy it here
2. Vitamin E Gentle cleansing swipes
Great for a working girl. Infused with Vitamin E, these swipes will keep your skin protected and moisturized through the day. Buy it here
3. Pure Luxe Bronzing Powder
Use it to highlight and contour your face for after hour parties. Available at M&S stores across the country.
4. Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm
Adds a pop of color to your look. They are also loaded with mango and shea butters for added moisture. Available at select stores across the country
5. Body Mist-Rose and Cardamom
These Body Mists contain pure Aloe Vera juice which has soothing and moisture retaining properties. Use it throughout the day to keep yourself minty fresh. Buy it here
Fendi has launched micro bags as part of their spring-Summer 2015 collection and we are loving it. The micro-bags are a a modern and quirky interpretation of two iconic bags of the Maison, the Peekaboo and the Baguette, in a unique micro version.
FENDI micro bags are perfect for the modern urban dweller – for the woman who just carries minimal essentials. Fun and compact, these bags are versatile at the same time. They can be worn either as a clutch with an evening gown or cross body during the day, as all of them feature a long strap.
Micro bags are adorable and provide a bold fashion statement. These pieces are perfect for the edgy woman with an eye for detail, quality and creativity. The micro bags are available not just in Nappa leather but also in special variations,including Bag Bug eyes and precious materials like fur and croco. Take a look!!
Wear them alone or pair them with their regular size icons. A new must have for next season!